Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday's Travels - Historic Shepherdstown

Oldest Town in West Virginia -


My husband and I  had never been to  Shepherdstown until our son bought and has painstakingly and still painstakingly restored a house that was built in 1760's . More about the house in a later post. Our first visit to this area , we fell in love with the historic houses in downtown, the college smack in the middle of town. The energy is alive and happening in Shepherdstown.



 
 
 
Restaurants in Shepherdstown are everywhere! I have not had the opportunity to try them all, but I will tell you about two of them that can't go wrong. Betty's Restaurant is a Shepherdstown landmark and the home of the best sausage gravy or chipped beef gravy around. Not a place to count calories for sure, but if you are looking for good old-fashioned home cooking - Betty's is the place. More than likely there will be a wait.




 
 
 
 
The Blue Moon Café - has everything you would want in dining. The setting to begin with, then you have the organic offerings which is always a treat. Music, wine, & atmosphere! What more could you ask for. Except I did ask for a candle for my table the night we dined there - it just seemed fitting.
When there I recommend to start your experience with the Tuscan Bean Bruschetta or Cucumber Bruschetta.  Love, Love, Love, the Hummus Plate.  Hmmm!  I'm ready to go now.



 
 
 
 
Lodging in Shepherdstown.  On our visits we stay with our son, which is always a treat.
If I had to choose a place to rest my head, I would definitely stay at the Thomas Shepherd Inn.
Located in the heart of historic Shepherdstown, the restored 1868 federal style property offers personal attention.  They advertise an elegant décor, beautiful antiques and a relaxing atmosphere.
Six charming room with private baths.
 
 
 
 
 
Things to Do & See.
 
Shepherdstown offers riveting festivals of the performing arts. Shepherdstown Museum at the Entler Hotel takes you back to its history.  Shepherdstown Opera House shows the best in independent films.
We cannot forget Christmas in Shepherdstown, I can just imagine all of the shoppes, and
eateries decked out with little white lights and wreaths on the windows. Definitely need
to put this on my Bucket List for the holiday season.
 
 
 
 
Thank you for coming with me  on my Thursday's Travels today.  For more information on
Shepherdstown, make sure to visit their website. 
 
Let me know if you make it to Betty's or the Blue Moon Cafe'.
 
 
 

Let's Get Staging & Get It SOLD!

 
Have A Great Day!
 
xoxo
 
Sharon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment